...because beautiful hair is so worth a sore butt

      I walked in ready to spend the whole afternoon at the salon. Here it is: Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening System.   I have been researching this for a few months now and seeking salons to do it in. I did consider the Brazilian Blowout and also the Keratin Systems too, however I wanted something that lasted a little more.
So, I decided to go with the Yuko; knowing that if I didn't find an experienced enough stylist that does it often would mean my hair melting off. Literally. Seeing as how I didn't want to venture out far for this, I decided to just do it on Newbury St. Talk about tedious work! 4 salon stylists later, I found one that I was comfortable with, at a very reputable salon.

Let's look at the advantages and disadvantages:

Pros:
  • No frizz
  • Extremely manageable hair
  • Smooth and healthy hair
  • No burning from chemicals 
 Cons:
  • Super expensive
  • Initial application (the smell of the chemicals are best described as dead dogs in a burlap sack with rats and sewer juice)
  • Application can take anywhere from 2-5 hours depending on length & thickness 


  • Cost : $700
  • Length of process : 4 hours
  • Length of my hair : shoulder-length
  • Satisfaction : 10/10

2 comments:

  1. hi, there! long time no see/visit! hope you're well, j!
    yes, these hair treatments are super expensive.... but hair really does a lot for a person, and yes, sore butts are worth it!

    xoxo
    jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard of this straightening process. So glad you're fully satisfied! Would love to see your hair photos before and after! =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    Style Cue by Suzie Q
    PS. If you're interested, check out my $50 Shabby Apple Gift card GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete

 

Follow me on Blog lovin'

Coming Soon

Other Updates

Author

Follow on Bloglovin