Recent Hauls

I was on the hunt for a while seeking a nice matte palette and purchased Tarte's MATTEnificent eyeshadow palette.  I've got to say the packaging for this, is gorgeous! 




image credit: makeupandbeautyblog.com

Pros:
The colors are great for everyday looks, I pretty much wear makeup everyday because I love it and this is a great palette. Most mornings I reach for this one, the colors are easy to blend, the texture is buttery-smooth. 

Cons:
The blush is pretty light for my skin tone (I'm a 173 in MUFE HD Foundation), so I use it as a transition/blending color so it doesn't go to waste. 


Naked 3 Palette:  

A cult favorite are those Urban Decay Naked palettes. When the first 2 came out, I wasn't interested too much in them because most colors didn't appeal to me due to the fact that I had most or similar shades in MAC colors. However, I fell in love with the rosy neutrals in the Naked 3 and budged, this palette is definitely being used.



Pros:
Great selection of rose shades, includes some mattes, and shimmery colors as well. Nicely pigmented and easy to blend. 

Cons:
Some are a bit chunky and has a lot of fallout. Also, once in a while some flecks or chunks of the more glittery/shimmery colors will spread along the palette (sometimes onto other shades).



MUFE Aqua Cream #13 (Warm Beige - Champagne)

Pros:
This cream shadow/base is great because after it sets, it's not going anywhere! It is also water-proof! I picked up #13 and this is great as a base color for Dust, Burnout, Buzz, Trick and Liar shades from the Naked 3 palette. 



They have a great range of colors, definitely worth a look. Here's swatch of the color range:

image credit: karlasugar.net



Chanel Illusion d' Ombre Long-wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Ebloui

image credit: temptalia.com


Here are the other shades available:



Pros:
This is a cream shadow that is a burgundy brown, and serves as a great base for MAC's eyeshadow in cranberry and goes great next to Mac's amber lights in the center or the inner corner of the eye (creating a gold to bronzy to burgundy-ish transition).

Cons: 
If not worn with primer, this can easily move and start creasing. I have oily skin, so please take that into account. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow me on Blog lovin'

Coming Soon

Other Updates

Author

Follow on Bloglovin